Update on the planning application, November 2022
We have submitted revised proposals to the Council for the redevelopment of Brighton Gasworks.
In summary, the key changes to the proposed development include:
- 226 affordable homes (40%) in partnership with a Registered Provider with Homes England funding including 115 for affordable rent and 111 shared ownership.
- Design changes to the proposed buildings at the northern end of the site and Boundary Road where heights have been reduced and the architectural character has been revisited.
- The amount of built floorspace has reduced whilst more efficient use of building forms has resulted in a slight increase in the number of homes by eight apartments and four townhouses.
Aspects of the proposed development that were positively received such as the landscape design, Regency-inspired seafront architecture and the townhouses have been retained.
The Council will be running a consultation on the revised proposals and will communicate with the community about that.
You can also comment on the planning application by search application reference BH2021/04167 at https://planningapps.brighton-hove.gov.uk/online-applications/.
Speak with us
If you would like to speak with us directly about the proposals please contact us via the following contact details:
- By email – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By phone – 020 3675 1502; or
- By post – FAO Brighton Gasworks,St William Homes LLP, Berkeley House, 15b St George Wharf, London SW8 2LE